LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Appointment with NP

The juggling has begun. Juggling of time and appointments. BIG TIME!

First off, it felt like an eternity when I first made the call on January 12th to set an appointment with Dr. Elboim and they scheduled me on January 26th. How could I possibly wait all this time??? Then a little angel named Jan, a dear friend who I originally called to get some advice on where to have the biopsy, and then I called her to update her with the diagnosis. She works in the medical field and said she would see about getting me in to see the doctor sooner, as she agreed that waiting over two weeks was just way too long to wait to get some answers and get the ball rolling. AND SHE DID!

So on Friday we got the word of an appointment today at Redwood Regional Medical Group with the Nurse Practitioner at 2pm. And before I left the house for this appointment, they called to say I had an appointment with Dr. Elboim tomorrow, January 18th, which is a full week earlier than originally planned. This gives me great relief as I have researched as best I can with what I know and was now in a holding pattern. I’ve called Alura, an NP herself, and although she took today off to go to the NP appointment with Mark and I, she knows it will be more advantageous for her to be with us tomorrow instead.  So we have a plan. :-)

We arrive and check in at the 2nd floor reception desk. There are a few others in the office, all much older than me, and they are filling out their patient history forms with other loved ones. It appears that Tuesdays may be the day for initial appointments for new patients, and I am glad to see there is no one younger than me, and no bald people in the room. I’m guessing that will be happening sooner than I realize.

I’m nervous and distracted, so leave my knitting in my bag. Mark and I sit and wait.

The meeting with the Nurse Practitioner today goes very well. Marlene reviews the complete patient intake form, asks me more questions, and answers all the questions I have as best she can. She then explains how the appointment will go tomorrow with Dr. Elboim.

When we arrive home, I bomb out of chores (again), and DH picks up the slack and I sit inside reading through the binder I have received from Redwood Regional Medical Group until if fall sound asleep on the couch. I seem to be doing more of that these days. What gives?

Sarah and Chris join us for dinner tonight, and it is nice to have their company.

I am relieved and anxious to get going with whatever is the next step!


LIVESTRONG:
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie