LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Can I Keep Up the Pace???

Can I really keep up this pace of fun? For now I will. As Mark says, "Deb, Do it while you can!"

Last night we enjoyed a delightful evening out for dinner with treasured friends we've not seen for a long time. Della Santina provided a perfect spot to reminisce, catch up, and just have lots of laughter. And boy did we laugh. I think that Mark needed this more than I did. He's been carrying the weight around the farm, as I've been going through all these emotions. And he is a trooper, MY ROCK, and my sweetheart. What more can I say. Thanks Ed, Jo, Mike & Jan. Thanks for the fun time and all the love and support!

And today I plan to spend some time with my local spinning group. We rotate amongst members homes and meet monthly to spin, or knit, visit, talk fiber, enjoy a pot luck, and just gather as girls and enjoy each other's company. I'm working on a beautiful brown alpaca project for a dear friend.

So while some of these fun get-togethers with friends and family have been long overdue... And while I'm going with the flow while I am up to it... This is my moment to remind us all that we can't wait for the times when we are faced with fear and unknown to make up for that lost time of togetherness with loved ones and long-time friends. We need to seize the moment NOW. Listen to me? I'm not all that good at practicing what I preach. Perhaps that is one of the things I will learn from cancer ~ SEIZE THE MOMENT! And if I am forced to thank cancer for even one thing, although I really don't plan to give cancer that privilege, it may be this ~ Don't take anything for granted AND seize the moment!

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior


LIVESTRONG: I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for sharing your experiences with us all.....I truly understand the value of sharing throughout this process....it brought me additional strength and an emotional calmness when it seemed out of reach at times!
    love ya,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie