LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, January 14, 2011

Dear Debbie's Breast Cancer

I have decided that I need to step down as a Sonoma County Farm Trails board member to concentrate on me, my healing, and whatever this may all mean to me. So I contact my board and let them know of the situation and that I won’t be attending the meeting the following day. Everyone is in shock and so caring and sweet. One of our board members, Lynda, is a writer herself and he husband a cancer survivor. She gets some strength and sends her love by writing this very sweet letter to my breast cancer. Thank you, Lynda!!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Debbie's Breast Cancer:

I regret to inform you that you have tangled with the wrong woman.  Not only are you trying to grow on one of the most efficient, wonderful board members around, you are also trying to grow on a woman who really knows her HR.  Luckily, Debbie caught you with the background check, but unfortunately you had already signed your contract.  You should reread that contract, as it clearly states that it is a violation of company policy (see: section 34C) for you to impinge upon the overall health of the company.  Hence, you need to leave this company effective immediately, and your contract is rendered null and void.  Let me make this perfectly clear: no unemployment benefits for you.

If you choose to put up a fight, I would also like to inform you that you won't just be fighting Debbie the Super-HR-Woman. You will be fighting the full force of her family, friends, and community, who will all be praying like crazy and sending healing thoughts, foods, and gifts to fight you.

But of course, you might say, that's true of anyone.  You're always fighting with people's family and friends.  Well, let me tell you why you have truly chosen the wrong woman.  You picked a FARMER, who fights not only with the force of friends and family, but a cavalry of fierce alpacas and a battalion of ferocious Maremmas.

On a farm, healing is a way of life.  And those Maremmas might look sweet, but only until a predator comes around... so, breast cancer, you'd better look out!  Because if you ever try to come back once you're kicked out the door, those Maremmas -- and sweet-looking but fiercely spitting alpacas -- will get you.  And after that, you'll be torn to shreds by a bunch of angry women farmers shaking shovels & pitchforks at you. So if I were you, I'd start running NOW.

Sincerely,
Lynda




LIVESTRONG:
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie