LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Intro

This all started in early December 2010, when I found a lump myself.

So I find this lump and wonder, “Did I bruise myself while workinng with the pacas recently. Since I bruise somewhat easily, and can never remember when/where it happened, I paused on this idea for a moment. Or was this the scar from the breast biopsy and tumor removal (benign) five years ago? Nope that was the right side, this was the left breast.

I realized I had missed a recent mammo, and other female check ups, but was not that overdue. It was actually July 2010 when I should have been rechecked. So I started with my OB/GYN for the exam within just a couple of days. Then we scheduled the routine mammogram. Well, that was promptly followed by an ultrasound a couple of days before our Dallara holiday gathering. Of course, all through this I told myself to be positive, that it was probably like the experience 5 years before and not to let it alarm me. Because of this, I kept it to Mark and I as I did not want to scare my girls for sure becuase it was probably nothing to worry about. But when the Radiologist came in after the US and said I needed to be sure and schedule a biopsy because the two lumps were concerning.

So about two weeks later, on 1/6/11 to be exact, so my new HIGH DEDUCTIBLE insurance would not be met first in December and then again a few days later if something more was going on I had the core needle biopsy with mammotone assist performed. Both the Radiology Tech and Radiologist at Sonoma Valley Hospital were wonderful, caring, and gentle. Boy was that needle to numb my breast GIGANTIC, and then the “chop stick” looking cylinder used to take the samples fun to watch on the ultrasound screen. Not to mention the tugging of the cylinder as he had to use force to work it into the right spots. Dr. Chin took samples from two nodules, although we bot clearly saw what looked like a THIRD, bump between those two. Yes, I said THREE. Holly shit - can’t this get better instead of worse? Enough already!!!

So that was on Thursday, and Dr. Chin said I would be notified on Friday. After a couple of calls into the hospital on Hospital on Friday, it was evident he was being much too optimistic and it would be Monday before I learned more. So it was time.... time to tell my sweet daughters what had been going on for the last month. Time to get it off my chest and let them be there for me. Of course Alura and Sarah were concerned but assured me that all would be okay. Donna too was in the loop because we were both talking about mammograms recently and such and she was anxious, yet positive.

So Monday morning at 8am I get a call.....



LIVESTRONG:
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Bazooka, At first I thought you just didn't sell because you are pink...Now I know the truth! The angels who watch over my family knew about Debbie's cancer before even she did. They saw you in the box when you arrived and selected you to guard her and keep her company and love her. They clouded the eyes of all who were shopping for Alpaca bears so they could not see you.

    You were waiting all along. And the angels reminded Mark about you...PERFECT. Thank you for being there for her when I cannot be.

    You see, Debbie is not only my sister but my best friend too. Among everyone I have ever known, Deb has led a life full of love and is a role model of how to take care of ones self...an example of good health and positive energy.

    I just know that the angels have been collecting all of Debbie's goodness during her lifetime to dole out to those in need; and she gave the angels so very much that they have been storing that extra love, strength and energy.

    The angels are looking after Debbie now, and are returning not only her love and energy to her...but the energy and love we all have for her.

    Thank you, good Angels! Thank you Mark! Thank you Alura, Sarah, Stephan and Chris!!!

    Thank you Bazooka! Thank God for my sister.

    Thank you friends for caring for her and keeping her in your prayers and sending your positive energy to her.

    My love to each and every one of you!!! Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie