LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Niece's Experience

My niece, who's mother is a breast cancer survivor of 10 years, wrote this to me:
I REPLAY EVERY STEP IN MY MIND... scared, assured, faithful, hopeful, love, memories, Is my mother going to be here tomorrow? Is she going to see her first born grandson grow? All this brings it back. I knew regardless, my mom's strength out numbered the cancer in her breasts. I knew my mom was going to be strong! I know you have reasons to be strong! I have hope, faith and love for you! We all do. We all love you
I think of my beautiful sweet girls. Alura is so stoic and very practical. Sarah is the soft, fuzzy one. This is nothing new to them, or me. It just is who they are outwardly. And I know they ache equally inside about this. This must be what they are going through now, and it hurts to know they are pained by all this.

Damn this cancer. This weeny, evil demon. Trying to steal its way into our lives and set it all topsy turvy.

Well,   I JUST WON'T LET IT BE.  


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior, soon to be survivor


LIVESTRONG:
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. KARRRAPPP! What the heck is this doing in our lives? Go away Cancer, GO AWAY!!! If there is a lesson to be learned here, hopefully the clouds in my brain will part soon so I will know what it is.

    I love you, Deb. Love you Alura. Love you Sarah. Love you Mark.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie