LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Friday, January 28, 2011

Tests... Playing Around ~ Another Busy Day in the Life

Friday was a good day. I drove into Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital for the blood work and to get all set up in their computer. It has been many years since I've had anything done at Memorial, and it is where surgery will eventually take place.

Mr. snoopy greeted me there near the entrance to Memorial hospital.

I also took some time to check up on the rest of the tests scheduled to happen; a Muga, which tests my heart strength and function, and a CT Scan of chest and abdomen. Good News: The insurance has authorized everything, and orders were faxed to Redwood Regional for all the orders. I'm told I should be hearing from them on Monday to schedule these appointments.

Then I learned more regarding the surgery to insert the port. This sounds like it is an all day event, with minor surgery. It will happen after all the other tests mentioned above and will be the precursor to the chemotherapy treatment. So I am very hopeful that the tests and port will all take place next week, the week of January 31st. Then, if the scheduling of chemo doesn't require a bunch more lead time, perhaps we can get this ball rolling the week of February 7th. Although from the looks of the infusion room yesterday, it appears that people are lined up to sit in one of those chairs and hang out for the good part of a day. :-(

The light note for today was spending a girls evening out with my sisters, Christine (aka Tine) and Marie (Matt's wife). We had a lovely evening out in Petaluma with dinner and a movie. As we were leaving for the movie, Tina presented me with a sweet gift from Kiana, my niece: A lovely note, a pen with a hand-made flower top, and some home-made treats (she is quite the cook and artist, all at 10 years young).

You rock, Kiana!

Dinner was "to die for" at a restaurant called SEA Thai in Petaluma. If you haven't been there, and happen to be in the area, you must try it. I understand they also have restaurants in Santa Rosa and Marin. YUM! And the movie was No Strings Attached with Ashton Kutcher & Natalie Portman, which was just what the doctor ordered ~ laughter, silliness, some tears, and a sweet ending. Thanks Tine and Marie. I loved it!

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior


LIVESTRONG: I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie