LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

3 Days Since 1st Chemotherapy

Chemotherapy, shmemotherapy.... is that all there is to talk about?

Well, apparently in my life right now, that's it!

Yesterday was a lovely day with Alura and Stephan arriving mid-afternoon for a visit and to stay the night. So we got to do group hugs with the parents to be! And talk all about what they have in store for them in 6 months when the little one arrives. They are so level headed and will have it all figured out by then, for sure.

We originally had other plans for the day, but I just couldn't be sure how I would feel to drive 3 hours away. And seeing my kids sure weighed out over anything else at this point in my life. 
Alura proceeded to help with pruning the plants around the koi pond, as the rest of us sat there and watched, knitted and talked. The yard has become pretty overgrown. That along with this gorgeous weather, has me wanting to work in the garden. But I need to give the Port another week or two before doing anything too vigorous. Then there is the care to avoid any kind of infection and be cautious around bacteria. So I can garden, but need to use some precaution and common sense. So that will have to wait a few weeks.

Around 4 pm it was cooling down so we all retreated inside with Alura and I sitting and talking while I knit some more. Soon I became sleepy and we both napped in the living room, while Mark did chores, and Stephan worked on his laptop. 

When I awoke an hour or more later, there was Alura and Stephan sitting together on their iPhones, and Mark getting the soup started for dinner. And that is when Sarah arrived and we had a yummy dinner of squash soup, and open faced grilled cheese sandwiches. It was a lovely evening with my girls, but I couldn't even remain at the table to visit, as I was very tired again and thought I would take a little nap around 8:30pm.... which turned into all night with a couple of breaks in between.  I awoke at 12:30 to take one of the Lorazepam's just in case, and to help me sleep. 

So now it is 6am, and I am up for the day. So I got a good long nights sleep. I guess the fatigue is as to be expected. Napping here and there, and going to bed early. The other side effect I'm just noticing over the last day or so is cotton mouth -- a horribly dry mouth whenever I awake and often during the day. I've started to use the soda/salt mouth rinse recommended by RRMG to see if this helps.

Today will be the first day without the two meds I took on days 2 & 3 after chemo.

So..... another day behind me. Yahoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. Naps are good...your body is telling you to rest! Debbie, wouldn't that be wonderful if that was the worst side effect to have?

    How wonderful to have your family so close. I really, really miss that my children do not live close to me. Hopefully, that will change one day and I will move closer to them.

    Hugs and prayers always coming your way ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,
    sounds like you are into the pattern of repair in between treatments! the naps are good and your body really needs them! the rest of the family will grow accustom to them and work around you!!
    Try Biotene for your dry mouth....I lived on the stuff for months during my treatments
    hugs,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie