LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Coming Out About Things

While I've shared my "cancer news" with family and close friends, I've not really told everyone about my situation. So, today I think I am ready for it. That is to say I will probably put a subtle comment out on Facebook as I'm sure there will be lots of support available to me, and I may even be able to provide some support to others. But it does feel weird.

Countdown to Chemo: 1 day!
But first I need to get going for my day. Today is Oncologist day. Mark and I will go to my Oncology appointment this morning, and Alura will meet us there. She has attended each appointment with the surgeon or oncologist, and has been a breath of fresh air and very level headed. We will go over all the drugs I will be taking on my own at home, review any previous tests, and get clear on any questions we have to date. I think it will be pretty uneventful, as I feel I have most of the information I need for this next step. I mean, I'm ready for the appointment, scary as all the information makes it. I won't really know how I will react and what side effects will present, until I have chemo. So bring it on! Let's get it started!!

HUGE AND GREAT NEWS:
But the part that makes my heart sing, and keeps a huge smile on my face, is the latest news Mark and I received the other night. WE ARE GOING TO BE GRANDPARENTS! There, I said it. Alura and Stephan have decided it is time and they will welcome a bundle of joy in August 2011. We are both in shock and so thrilled. What a nice distraction to everything else in our lives. And to know she kept this quiet all through the holidays and even during my news of breast cancer. She said I needed to concentrate on my plan of treatment first before they could tell me. I don't know much else, but that is enough for me at this moment in time. I get to knit baby things! It is okay now. :-) Life is Good!

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

5 comments:

  1. I am simply FLOORED, Debbie, at your revelation of breast cancer, and I am sending my thoughts and healing energy your way. Good luck with the start of chemo tomorrow, and I'll be anxiously awaiting updates. When I get back home (by the end of February), I will call you to see when I can come by. Hugs from both me and John.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEE!! This is WONDERFUL news about Alu and Stephan. So thrilled for them and for you guys. LOVE and giant hugs are sent your way today. Shar and Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear of the valley you are now going through. To someone who is not in that valley, your blog will be helpful. As you said, you can do all the right things and the salt shaker still lands on our heads. Be strong, God is Love (1 Jn 4:7-8) and your friend's love does give strength. If there is anything I can do for you or Mark, please contact me. I mean anything. I look forward to reading more ~ John Nordstrom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Debbie. What a shock. You and Mark are in my thoughts and prayers. Sounds like you're in good hands and have a plan to beat this. Call if I can help with anything
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Michelle....Congratulations on becoming grandparents, what a wonderful surprise.

    My prayers are with you and while you are getting your first treatment of chemo, hopefully your worries will be distracted somewhat by thoughts of a new grandbaby.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie