LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Countdown to Chemo

The last few days have been very good days.... Saturday spent on the road transporting alpacas, Sunday relaxing around the home front and taking in the Super Bowl, Monday some more farm time and a trip in to see the NP.

And Tuesday, a day off cancer! YIPPEE. And a good day at that. We took care of some alpaca heard management stuff. (Check out Brookfarm Alpacas here). And then I drove in to Sonoma to pick up Sarah and the prescriptions I will need for chemotherapy treatment.

We arrived home to greet our very good friends, Mike and Karen. They came up for a visit and brought El Molino Central for lunch. YUMMMMMMMMM. So delicious. So we spent the next three hours enjoying the scrumptious selection of about five of the different dishes on the menu, and talking. Talking about kids, about cancer, about alpacas, about massage, about cancer....

You see, Mike is a cancer survivor too. And for him he is coming up on his first five years!

Why is it the club of close friends, cancer survivors, is growing? My friends Joe and Steve, are also survivors. And I've had more conversations with these three friends, all about cancer, than ever before. They've been very supportive, and open in sharing their experiences and some helpful tips. But I can't help but ponder over these three; all healthy men, all in their 50's (I think), non-smokers. What gives? It's like cancer is this random salt shaker up their in the sky and it falls down and randomly hits people. People who have done all the right things, lived a good life, treated others very well and cared for their loved ones, took good care of themselves. But then this random "thing" hits them just when they think life is getting ready to wind down and they can enjoy the fruits of their labor a bit. I guess the operative word here is SURVIVOR! And that is what I will hold onto dearly.

So the countdown is on for my treatment so that I can be in that Survivor Club. 2 days and counting to chemo. Thursday is THE DAY. And I think I am ready. Ready as I'll ever be, anyway.


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my friend!
    Very happy to see you are going to fight this with the BEST attitude. I will keep you in my prayers and keep smiling Debbie!
    Big hugs and kisses;

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie