LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feeling Darn Good Right After Chemo!

I like this!!!
So It's Saturday morning and I know some are wondering how the 2nd chemo treatment went. BTW, it is called the "Infusion Center", officially. So now I know!!! :-)

And actually, this second chemo went quite well, I must say so far. I'm not sure if it is some of the things I'm doing proactively, or just my body getting better equipped to the meds I'm on. But that evening after treatment was not bad. No seasickness, or hungover feeling. Just a slight headache. I did take my anti-nauseau home meds before going in for treatment, and then the nurse suggested I take two tylenol while there right before the Cytoxan drug part of this AC cocktail I get, and both of these probably helped too.

The bugger is I slept only 5.5 hours that night from 9pm-2:30 am. That had me a bit miffed. But heck, I can deal with that. I hoped to catch a nap on Friday after our trip in the morning for the Neulasta shot, but I just wasn't that sleepy. Last night I took two of the Atavan and it helped a bit -- I slept from 10-4:30am. So that was a bit better. I'm sure it will catch up with me sooner or later, though. I'm predicting a good nap this afternoon.  :-)

I was able to lay low and get a scarf going on my loom yesterday, a nice plaid of green shades. Then sister Nancy came by with pizza for dinner -- how sweet.

I am staying in for a few days and avoiding the cold and crowds. Mark is being so good to keep reminding me that these are the days I need to be cautious about being exposed to bugs and catching cold. So he is doing chores on these days when they keep predicting snow. Once I have 3-4 days for the Neulasta to do it's work, then I feel safer to be in crowds and cold weather. 

Mark is taking such good care of me. I am a lucky girl all around -- blessed in oh so many ways. I just have to remind my self of this from time to time. 

There but for the grace of God, go I.


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, you are truly blessed to have Mark to watch over you and take such good care of you.

    I am so happy to hear that chemo treatment 2 went better and you aren't feeling as icky as you did with your first chemo treatment.

    I guess it is all relative but I woke up to -30 below and we had a high of 2 degrees today. Now that is cold!

    Prayers....and hugs... ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie