LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Girls Get A Rest

Me and my girls got a rest today. A rest from the frenzied schedule of doctor appointments and tests. My girls and I, well you know what I mean here, had an early morning appointment in Sonoma that was totally unrelated to cancer. Mark was with "us". That felt nice. After the appointment we stopped at Broccos to buy some hay for the alpacas, chicken food, and alfalfa pellets.

While out and about , I received two calls to schedule appointments for next week. So now next week is pretty full with three days scheduled -- the chemo teaching session, labs and Oncologist appointment, and my first chemotherapy "session".  Ready or not, here I come!

After we returned home, Sarah came up to the house to get me so we could drive back down to Glen Ellen Village Market and meet Bobbi for lunch. We sat outside at one of the barbecue tables and soaked up the beautiful mid-day sun. It was glorious!!!! When I returned home, I squeezed in a bit of knitting and welcomed our neighbor, Debbie, who came up to buy eggs and brought delicious lentil soup.

So now that evening chores are done, I'm writing this while heating the soup and trying to get in the remainder of the 10 glasses of water required for my day of tests tomorrow.

And tomorrow involves a bone scan and CT scan. We're almost ready! :-)

Hugs, Debbie... aka the healing breast cancer warrior


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie! Adrienne and I are thinking if you sending you thoughts of love and strength as you go through your medical tests and your port procedure today.

    Xx!!
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie