LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Love From The Heart



Sunday was a nice day. Sarah, Alura, and Stephan were all here for breakfast, and Stephan cooked a lovely breakfast while mark was out doing chores around the farm. He made this scrumptious French toast out of a cinnamon bread and our farm fresh eggs. Then some lovely scrambled eggs to go with along with fruit, juice and coffee, too. Okay we helped just a bit! :-)

Sarah headed off for work and Stephan off for his "mother's in law ride", as he calls it, over Trinity Road. Alura and I spent time in the garden, she pruning roses and such, me knitting and supervising. It was a beautiful sunshiny day. Considering rain is expected over night, I'm just soaking it ll up, with my required sunscreen of course.

I'm starting to feel achy in my shoulders and neck and wonder if this is what is to be expected from the Neulasta. If someone touches me there, I'm very tender. And I've done nothing to cause this, honest! I also seem to feel very fidgity after eating. I thought it was from the bit of coffee I had this morning, after stopping coffee three or so weeks back. But then it happened again tonight, only more pronounced. This was after a lovely dinner hosted by our neighbors Tricia and Glen (and son Connor) which included other friends , Debbie and Joe. Dinner was delicious, but Mark was probably right ~ it may have been too soon for an outing. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening, but was on edge and not myself, of course. Then when we arrived home I was so fidgety/anxious, I could hardly stand it. A couple of Atavan's seemed to help me and I was soon asleep for most of the night.

Now it is morning and the rain has arrived. But some very sad news also arrived early today.... I have just learned that a dear friend just lost her husband this morning to lung cancer. He was diagnosed but a month ago and she and I had following along with each other since we both got the a "C" diagnosis about the same time. Hy heart and soul, and all my prayers are with her this morning and today as she navigates through this new and very sad and scary time for her. Today will most likely not be a Valentine Day she will treasure.


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. Debra - I came to your blog from a Verb for Keeping Warm. I wish you all the good luck in your fight against cancer. Due to a remarkable coincidence I was reading the blog of another woman today who survived the same type of cancer you have. I'm wondering if you have read it. The website is www.circusofcancer.org and the woman who wrote it is a wonderful writer. Once again, my good thoughts are sent to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the referral to Kelly's site! It sounds like I am traveling down the same, or similar, road as she did back in 2005. This gives me strength, hope, and laughter. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie