LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oncology Massage ~ Ahhhhhh...

Basooka came along with me today for my appointment with my friend Karen, who does Oncology Massage. Click the links to read a wonderful article just posted this week about her business and the fact she got started when her husband, Mike, was diagnosed with cancer. 


Oncology Massage is a relatively new therapeutic technique, now being adopted by more and more clinics and practitioners on the West Coast. Oncology massage is gentle touch therapy that’s adapted to be safe for cancer patients. There is no hard pressure work, or attempt to "move" toxins about the body. Instead, the treatment focuses on relaxation and relieving symptoms and stress so  the body can do what it needs to do: heal. 

So we had a lovely massage ~ Karen, Basooka, and I. I was so relaxed afterwards. I wish I did not have those few errands to run in town. But when I returned from town, I slipped into bed for a quick nap and all was good.

Since I was hoping to take in Knit Night with Tillie and friends at Sonoma Yarn tonight, I cast on my first "baby project" so I could brag to the ladies about our great news of becoming grandparents late this summer. AND I DID JUST THAT!

My Knittin' babes were all amazed at the ultrasound photo and how real the baby looks already. Everyone expected to see a blob, or something. But nope; they saw a cute little, face, chin and nose, with a lifted hand. So precious!

Life is good!


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Was it one of those "clay baby" advanced images they do?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie