LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Well, Not Exactly Tomorrow...

That is the hair.  as mentioned in my last post.

It is not "gone", but it is coming out in brushfulls, but not clumps. Actually, it just looks a little thinner and shorter. But it shouldn't be much longer before ~ Bald is Beautiful!

I've felt pretty good since the 2nd chemotherapy treatment on Thursday, but not sleeping well at all. Waking at 2:30 am one morning, then 4:30am the next, whithout going back to bed or napping just seems not right. I've been kind of jittery too. I wonder if the hair falling out has any correlation on how I am feeling.  But that seems to have changed  today after I went out to meet up with my spinning gals for part of the day. I was getting kind of anxious around 2:30pm and left a bit early, even though it was a very enjoyable day at Susan's, who is a wonderful host. These gals are all so supportive and such great fiber buddies. But by the time I got home, I was ready for a good hour nap; which I promptly took. Now Mark and I have finished dinner and watched the Academy Awards . And I am about ready to turn in for the day.

But not before sharing with you just how run down and tired I do look. And how much hair is coming out. I'll give it a day or so and I bet it will be time for the old hair clippers to come out. Bet we will be having a head shaving party real soon.

           Before 1st Chemo.       Today - hair thinning after 2nd chemo.       Spinning my hair on a spindle.

So.... I've decided to give it a spin before I get to the head shaving stage. Eat your heart out Rocky!

And as Michelle said, the mystery will be as to how it comes back ~ curly, straight, gray, brown??? At least my dilemma of when or how to revert back to my "natural" color has now been solved. Lemons? Make lemonade!! :-)

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie