LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, March 14, 2011

2 Steps Forward....

2 Steps Forward.... One Step Back

I'm getting to know my routine, and there are certain days I need to anticipate as "down days", where I make absolutely no plans to leave the house or receive visitors. That seems to be around day 4-6 of Chemo, chemo being day 1. These are the days when I feel like crap.... nausea, no appetite, irregularity (love this word!), little sleep. Did I say CRAP, loud enough. 

The yucky feeling doesn't all go away then, but it does start to slowly subside where the meds seem to keep it in check, some prunes do the trick, and I just nap during the day whenever I get the urge. (Remember, I am blogging about my cancer experience. It is not always a pretty story, so my apologies for the graphic details).

So, I seem to be over the slump on one of these series of days. This morning (yep up at 2am and blogging at 3:30am - joy, JOY), it is day 7 from Chemo #3, and yesterday was a day where we had visitors and by the afternoon I felt somewhat "okay". Mind you, this morning the nausea is back so one of those sweet pills that also cause drowsiness appears to be in the very near future. But this too will pass and then I will feel pretty darn great as I get ready to start it all over again. 

But soon I will be half of the way there. And that is a very good thing.


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Deb, may the love and support from family and friends help you through the rough days following your chemo treatment.

    Just continue to listen to your body, take your pills that make you feel better, rest, get plenty of fluids and I hope that all of the prayers, cards, well wishes and love that surrounds you will help comfort you.

    Prayers and Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie