LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cancer Angels


Thanks to all my cancer angels


Thank you so very much to all my cancer Angels. There are so many of you. There is my ever so supportive and loving family, Mark, Alura & Stephan and Sarah & Chris. I could not get through this without their love, support, and respect, as well well as their extended family's prayers and well-wishes. There is my huge family of 3 sisters, Donna, Nancy and Tina; and 4 brothers. Rich (I know you are looking down on me, bro!), Dan, Ed, and Matt. We have always been close, but this experience has taught us to be even closer and more in touch on a regular basis. It has been an amazing journey with you, and I love you all so very much.

There are the survivor cousins, Kathy R and Kathy B, who both went through breast cancer (BC) 15 and 5 years ago respectively. There is Denise who is a 15 year BC survivor; as well as Joan and Joyce, alpaca friends who are also BC survivors. There is Mike and Steve, who have both been through treatment the last few months or years. There is Sue who has first hand experience with her mom's second bout with BC, and Karen my oncology masseuse. They have all helped to make the road less frightening and offered so much love and support it is amazing.

Then there are my girlfriends, who I will see this weekend for a little gathering. We go back to elementary and high school days and the bond is as close as it can be. We are like sisters of the best kind. There are other girlfriends I will be seeing real soon and all my knitting/spinning/fiber babes who have been there by my side rooting me on, knitting me hats and shawls, and sending all their love and prayers.

There are all my alpaca friends, my neighbors, and Farmer's Market buds and friends who are popping up after a long time  of no-see, sending cards, dropping off food, just offering support in any way they can.

And I can't forget the total strangers who have logged in to send their encouragement, prayers, and love; or those I may have missed mentioning here.

To all of you out there, from me, a very heartfelt thank you to everyone for all your love and prayers, tips and tricks, well wishes and blog comments... FOR EVERYTHING!!! 

It is so heartwarming to find the almost daily  comment on my blog and know that I have so many friends and loved ones rooting for me. I put out a positive attitude, most of the time.  :-) But this is no jog in the park, by any means, and those frequent words of encouragement, prayers and hope really do mean a lot to me.

Hugs to you from across the driveway to across the country, and even the pond! I have an Angel of Hope here reminding me daily of all your well wishes, and it means the world to me.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX



Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

3 comments:

  1. I read your blog almost daily. About 8 years ago my Sis was diagnosed with BC and she beat it. God was good to her and will be to you also. I keep you in my prayers.
    You are lucky to have family around you. My Sis was about 8 hours from me so I could not be with her as much as I wanted but we talked almost daily on the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, your heartfelt thank you is very much appreciated but even if I hadn't read your words, I would know in my heart how much you appreciate all of your angels. Your journey is one of many ups and downs, good days and bad days and outcomes still an unknown. I am hoping that supporting you from afar and sending my prayers and hugs to you will help you get through those tough days. You are truly an inspiration, a cancer warrior and with your positive outlook on your treatment and shrinking that cancer to oblivion, it makes you a survivor. You are truly blessed to have so many wonderful, loving and caring angels to help you through this journey.

    Hugs always and prayers never ending... ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, thanks for the THANKS.....but please know that my support for you in this journey is my way of giving back for all of the support and prayers that I received during my journey to survival and making it through the good and not so good day of my treatments. Your experience and sharing your travels is an inspiration to all of us!
    xoxoxox
    M

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie