LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Gearing Up...


Gearing Up for Chemo Number Four

Finally, a few nights with a decent 6 hours of sleep each. And I've been able to nap some over the last few days as well. I'm guessing my body is playing catch up.

There is this whole wave of feelings and emotions I repeat between each chemotherapy series, which lasts two weeks. It starts with me feeling pretty good immediately after the chemo session. Then that slowly digresses so that on days 4-7 after chemo, I really can't commit to anything and pretty much sit around trying to keep it all in balance and trying to be positive and look forward to that 1 week point where most of the symptoms will then be very mild. It's a wave I'm riding, and I have to admit I've never been a surfer, or good at balancing on something wobbly. It just throws me for a loop for sure.

So this must be one of the lessons that cancer is teaching me ~ how to be flexible and go with the flow. I'm learning! Karen reminds me that the best healing takes place when the body is sleeping. So I am concentrating on how to get the best sleep I can, whenever and where ever I can. I suspect I'll get it all down just in time for chemotherapy to end. And that will be just fine by me.  :-)

At this point in the "wave",  I am gearing up for Chemo Series #4 tomorrow, and so looking forward to being halfway through chemo. I'm feeling pretty good right now, and very happy about that. And! The sun is even out today!


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I hope all went well with your chemo treatment #4. Pamper yourself, do what makes you feel the best and take naps when you feel tired.

    The best news is that you are halfway through and your treatments have already been shrinking your tumor.

    Extra prayers are needed to get you through this "wave." Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie