LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Prepping for Chemo #3

Well, the last few days have been very, very good. We had a busy weekend with some farm visitors and our first cria of the year is due to arrive soon. Donna returned on Sunday after taking the weekend to visit our two other sisters, Nancy and Tina, and spend time with their families, and to see brother Dan. It sounds like they all had good visits. Then Sarah and Chris came up for a visit Sunday evening.

So today, Monday, Donna and I spent the day relaxing and having fun. That last day before the next chemotherapy infusion is bittersweet. It's like having dessert and knowing you may feel sick from it the next day. Good, but anxious at the same time. And wondering why in the heck we do this to ourselves.

But for me, the sick part is something I try to look forward to. It really isn't that the infusion (don't you love this word?) itself is uncomfortable. There actually is little to know negative feeling during the process. It is the several days of feeling yucky, blah, and just not right that follow treatment that I dread. Then there is this almost exhilarating feeling of, "Oh my goodness, I'm feeling normal again, and this FEELS SO FABULOUS." All the while knowing you are leading up to that yucky feeling again.

So, self I say, tomorrow is a wonderful day. Tomorrow is Blast the cancer Cells to Smithereens day. (NEVER give cancer the weight of a capital c).  And besides, this time around I get to share the experience with my dear sister and sweet daughter, and Mark will get a break for a change. It will be a first for each of them; and I know they will be relieved to see that chemo is really not all that eventful, and they can feel better about what I am going through during the actual treatment.

Die, cancer DIE.

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 



LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, extra prayers coming your way for chemo treatment #3 and minimal days of feeling yucky, blah and not quite yourself.

    It is good that your sister and daughter will be there to keep you company and see first hand what happens on chemo treatment days.

    Hugs.. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie