LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Some Good Days; and Some....

So, I've had a few days of really feeling good, almost normal. Good stamina, but not sleeping through the night. Guess I should have not been so cocky in thinking this was going easier than expected. Because today I took that step backwards. You know; two steps forward, and then one step back.

I awoke very early again, but then was in a funk, depressed, and very tired all day, napping off and on. I did make the walk to the mailbox later in the day, which felt good. And made a feeble attempt at some knitting and weaving amongst watching my final episode of Masterpiece Theatre. A bit of the queasy stomach, low appetite, and fuzzy head seems to have reappeared too. Then there was the feeling of why me, why cancer; why, why???? So it is one day at a time, as they say. Just roll with it.

I'm blaming the hair loss on some of my mood; but in reality I'm sure it is just the chemotherapy treatment in general. The hair is still here on my head, much to my dismay. But it is everywhere else as well, and very annoying. It still is not coming out in clumps yet, but is quite thinner than normal. But if you didn't look too close, you might not even notice I was starting to lose it.

I'm so looking forward to Sarah's weekly visit tomorrow. If I'm up to it, we will play with fiber, and maybe even do some dyeing. Then Donna arrives Wednesday, and we both can't wait to see each other, hug, and spend some time together. I have a feeling she will be able to revert back to her hair stylist days and help me a bit with this head of retreating hair. Thank Goodness!

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, some days it is extremely hard to take one day at a time....hang in there! I hope you are feeling better....Sarah and Donna will lift your spirits.

    You are always in my prayers. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie