LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Time Has Come...

 ... To do something about this mess of a head of hair I am sporting. There is still a bunch there, but I have lost so very much that it has become oh so very thin and sickly. Each time I brush my hand over my head, the hand is full of hair. And when I brush it, well that is another very sad story. Then there is all the hair stuck to my clothing, where ever I sit, my pillow. It is quite disgusting to me right now so it is time!

So Thursday evening was the date. Donna had arrived from Helena the day before. And given her past profession as a hair stylist, we decided we'd start with a short do, since there seemed to still be even coverage.


Before (hair thinning)......................During................Bobo Seesters Have Fun

Photographer & Sweetie..............."Temporary" New Do..............The Trio

But then I showered and so much more hair came out. So I slept on it for one more night with my head tightly wrapped in a scarf. By the next morning I was over it. Mark pulled out the hair clippers and clipping away he went. The bristly bit of stubble that was left felt tender and awkward to the touch.


Bald is Beautiful! (Or so I keep telling myself)

But Donna and I headed out to my Oncology appointment , along with Basooka, with me donned in a bit of makeup, one of Gail's scarfs and Sarah's hand-knit hat. We met up with Nancy and Tina later at Mary's Pizza Shack, Windsor for an impromptu lunch; And I never looked back.
BALD IS BEAUTIFUL!

L-R: Nancy, Donna, Debbie (Tina back to work already)




So now the task is to get the Neutrophil numbers up to a reasonable level before chemo next week, as they are too low right now for treatment to proceed. So it is rest, good food, lots of fluid, and more rest for the weekend.



Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 



LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

3 comments:

  1. Debbie, you are beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, you are so brave and you are truly an inspiration! Even though your hair is gone for now, your beauty has not changed.

    Your always in my prayers... ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think, you won't have to deal with the pesky blow dryer anymore and scarves are so in right now! You are a beautiful, brave warrior and survivor! WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie