LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, April 25, 2011

2 Taxols Behind Me

Two Taxol treatments down, two to go; then I should be done with chemo. YIPPEEEEE!!!!

This week has been pretty much a repeat of the week after my first Taxol treatment.... bone aches, some nausea, a bit of numbness to the legs and feet. I did need to resort back to the Hydrocodone, but think I am past it now. And other than not sleeping well the first night after treatment, I've been sleeping very well with my "little helpers". But no hand/arm/leg rash so far, so that is very good.

There still is quite a bit of fatigue causing me to nap for a good 2 or more hours each day. Yesterday we returned from our Easter Sunday with Alura and Stephan and I napped from 6-8pm. The napping always starts out subtly, and then I am surprised to wake from a sound sleep some two hours later and wonder where the time went. I guess my body is in need of the sleep to do its best healing, so I have given in to it. 

I hope Alura and Stephan were not offended when I took a cat nap on their couch after the lovely mid-day meal they fixed for us. We had a very nice visit and traffic to and from was not bad at all. They are gearing up for the new baby to arrive in August and we hauled away a nice mattress and box spring to replace an old one on one of our guest beds. This will make room for a crib in the baby's room. 

Their garden is so beautiful this time of year. Alura certainly has a green thumb and has created quite the oasis of color and green both at their front door and in their sweet little back yard. Here she is standing in the front yard. Isn't she adorable? :-


Alura in her front yard.
So now we are gearing up for our big shearing day on Tuesday. Luckily the sun just broke after a night of rain, and we are hopeful it will remain throughout the day as a wet alpaca cannot be shorn. We have a great crew of helpers coming in for the day to help us get through all of our animals, our agistors alpacas, and a few others that are coming in just for shearing. Mark and I expect to be exhausted come Wednesday. 

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie and Mark, a belated Happy Easter and what fun to enjoy the holiday with Alura and Stephan. She is adorable with her baby bump. Maybe she would love to take a trip to Northern MN and help me with my gardens...I would love the help of someone with a green thumb.

    I talked with Kristine when she was at your place helping out with getting the alpacas to the shearing station. It sounded like you had a great crew and hopefully it made the job a little easier. Kristine posted a few pictures that I enjoyed looking at.

    Enjoy your day resting up and I hope it is warm so the alpacas don't get chilly.

    Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie