LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Chemo, Yoga & Crias, Oh my


Today is Chemo Number Five day, and I am truly looking forward to it. This puts me over the hump on the few last steps of the chemo process as there will only be three left to go after today. I am also excited to learn what the Taxol brings to my life; both in the healing process, and the fact there should be fewer side effects from this drug than from the drugs administered during the first four chemo treatments.

But I must share that the yoga class on Sunday afternoon was wonderful. And I'm not sure if the yoga is what helped, but I slept until 7:30 AM the following morning. That has not happened since Chemo started on February 10th, and boy did it feel good.

And our last cria of the Spring arrived Sunday night. I have to watch what I wish for because I shared with Deb that afternooowed yoga how crias usually arrive by early afternoon and we've only had one night time birth so far. She commented how hard it would be to have a cria arrive in the wee hours of the morning with everything else we have going on in our lives right now. Low and behold, Mark goes out Sunday night to close up the chicken houses as is done later these days with the long daylight hours, and he decides to take a peak at the two latest crias (one week old, and two days old). He returned to the house to peak inside as I was trying to find something to watch on TV and said, "Carmen is in labor and it doesn't look good. Come on out!" So I did. This was at 8:30 PM mind you. Carmen  was struggling and had delivered the head and neck of her cria.

With a little intervention, Mark and Carmen delivered a healthy dark brown female cria. Whew! That was a scary moment. So by 11 PM all was well at Brookfarm, cria dried off with a warm cria coat on for the night, she was walking around and trying to find the milk, so we turned in for the night. By morning, mom and cria were doing fine and little girl was nursing well and continues to thrive! :-)

We have had such lovely weather lately, and I've been feeling so good that I was able to spend some time gardening on Monday and planted some petunias and begonias near the front door. Later that evening we had a lovely dinner out with Debbie and Steve. Yes, there are a lot of Debbies in my life! And no, we usually don't eat out very much but are taking advantage of the "good" days and accepting these fun invitations.

And..... here's a plug for my Relay for Life, Sonoma team ~ Debbie's Blasting Crew (8/6/11)

I can't thank enough those who have already signed up to come out and walk a lap with me, on August 6th and some who are even planning to spend the whole night and help me keep someone on the track for 24 hours. Then there are those who are helping me meet our goal by making a donation or reserving a luminaria in honor or memory of a cancer victim. 

Being on an American Cancer Society Relay For Life team really is an amazing experience! The positive attitude, the camaraderie. It truly is a celebration of life. I especially like to walk at dusk when all the luminaria are lit. It is such an overwhelming feeling to see the entire track lined with the bags of sand and candles, each marked with someone's name and decorated in their honor or memory. You just have to be there to understand.


It would be an honor to have you on our team for this year’s Relay For Life.


Are you ready to join with me in the fight to blast cancer to smithereens? Besides, it is a lot of fun!

Just click on the Debbie's Blasting Crew link to visit the team site.
 
 
Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Deb, keep us posted on how you fair with the Taxol. I will continue to pray for fewer side effects.

    So glad to hear that you enjoyed Yoga and slept better.

    Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie