LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Did You Know That...

... All of us have cancer cells in our bodies. But not all of us will develop cancer.

I'm reading a new book that is very interesting (Thank you Pat for sharing this with me), and I wanted to share it here with you, as well as the website:
Anti cancer, A New Way of Life; by David Servan-Schreiber, MD, PhD.
Probably the quickest, easiest hint on the subject of his book can be found in Dr. Servan-Schrieber's 20 new anti-cancer rules here. Basically, he stumbled upon his own cancer years ago when working on a project with some colleagues. The book tells the story of his "15-year journey from disease and relapse into scientific exploration, and finally to health."

Remember, all of us have cancer cells, but we will not all develop cancer. Why not take a few minutes to learn how you might better boost your body to be one of those who stay healthy and do not allow those cancer cells to grow and survive and turn into cancer.

My latest update is that the Vicodin seems to be keeping the bone pain in check for the moment. There is a full blown itchy rash that has erupted on my arms and legs and I have a call into my doctor to see if he has a miracle cream, since what I have at home doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

The good news is that the Vicodin is helping me to get a full night's sleep. :-)

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, whoopee for Vicodin, manageable bone pain and sleep, blissful sleep. I'm sure it gives you a better outlook on life.

    I love when you share your knowledge on what you are learning and reading. I read the 20 new rules on anti-cancer and can say that most recently I am following about 90% of them. As there are no guarantees in life, one must do their best to stay in optimum health and no time like the present to start.

    Hugs and prayers, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie