LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Glorious, GLORIOUS, Sunday!

Glorious... because it is Sunday, and it is sunny, and I'm feeling good. Besides, just saying glorious always makes me think of my dear sweet mother, Gloria. What she wouldn't do to be with me now helping me through these days, praying, cooking, hugging, watching over me. It reminds me of my home birth of Sarah some 35 years and a few days ago. The midwife was in the bedroom with us, it was nearing midnight, the room was lit only by candles, and I was in hard labor. Mom, Dad, Kitty, and siblings were here in the house, not to mention Mark and Alura, OF COURSE! Mom would peak in from time to time and I recall that very worried look on her face when she was there for one of my contractions; as I was trying to concentrate and do my Lamaze breathing to get through the contraction (they told us it was not pain; it was a "contraction"). Oh my did she concern me with her concern. I guess a mother never loses that love and concern for her children, not matter the age. Love you, Gloria. Miss you immensely!!!

Oh how I digress -- this was not what I sat down here to write about; but it does feel good to express.

So, glorious Sunday! The frittata with our lovely Omega3 farm-fresh, free range eggs is almost ready. And then I will spend a bit of time outside before heading off with friend and neighbor, Deb, to a yoga/meditation/breathing workshop. She has been so helpful and supportive, sharing tips on yoga, cancer-fighting mushrooms, good reads, etc. It will be nice to spend time with her and finally get out to one of the classes with her. Wish me luck in that this out-of-shape body doesn't really stretch all that well. :-(

Happy, glorious, Sunday to you! I hope that the sun is shining on your day too.

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I just love to hear the joy and enthusiasm in your voice....it is glorious! It is marvelous that you are having some good days.

    Best of luck with the workshop and you will do just fine.

    Hugs and prayers, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie