LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

How to Comment & Follow

Mark and I had the honor of attending the memorial service for well known and much revered local Schell Vista fire chief this week. There was a huge turnout with enough in attendance to overflow St. Francis Solano Church into both Fr. Robert's Hall and an outside seating area, both with large screens so we could all view and be active participants in the service. Needless to say, Mitch Mulas will be sorely missed in our local community and county. 

Since I've been cooped up for so long now, getting out to really no social functions, there were many we encountered who did not know I am on this journey of fighting and surviving cancer. While this wasn't the focus of our day, it did come up several times. I mean.... how often do you see a lady wearing a cotton hat that looks like she has no hair underneath. I guess it doesn't leave much to the imagination to figure it all out. Although several of these acquaintances have seen me out and about around town and it has not come up. Often it is because the conversation does not last long enough for me to broach the subject and we just exchange brief pleasantries. And I really am not one to blurt it out when someone says the standard, "How are you", as if they really aren't asking to know the real truth, but more looking for a courteous way to say hello. But I had thought the word was already out. So now it really is.

One friend came up and commented on how she has been following along on this blog and was very complimentary. She did ask how she might reply to the blog and I mentioned that there was a way to leave a comment at the end of each post. So I wanted to go into a bit of detail on this for anyone else who may have wanted to "reply" or "comment" but did not see how to do it.

How to Comment:
Look at the bottom of each post just below the LIVESTRONG pink border. There you will find in turquoise type a line that reads "X comments" followed by a pencil icon. The X represents the number of comments already left, which could be, 0, 1, 2, 3, etc. This is where you may leave a comment or view other comments. Click on the "X comments" line and a small window will open up. Below any other comments that may have been left, you will see "Post a Comment" and a dialogue box where you type in your comment. This box is followed by an area, "Comment As". If you happen to choose "Anonymous", it would be great to sign your name to the bottom so I know who is commenting. There... it is pretty simple once you give it a try.

How to Follow:
Following is just as easy. Scroll down the right hand column until you see the "Followers" section just under the Special Links and Labels sections. This is pretty self explanatory too. If you have any difficulty, leave me a comment and I'll help to walk you through it.

Meanwhile, thank you for all the positive comments and my Followers. I do appreciate it very much. 

For now, the rash I spoke of in the last post seems to be subsiding due to Aveeno Creme and a new steroid script I'll be taking for a couple of more days. And I've stopped the hydrocodone/vicodin as the bone aches have now subsided. This is my "good week" in that I'm usually far enough out from the last chemo that I am experiencing some better days. I'm looking forward to my blood draw/count and appointment with Dr. Anderson on Friday to learn more about the upcoming Breast MRI to determine if the tumors are shrinking as they feel like they are and better determine our surgery options in the next couple of months. On the down side, a hint of what I thought was seasonal allergies the other day may have actually been the early stages of a cough and cold that I am trying to nip in the bud as best I can since my low immune system does not need any more challenges at this time.

That's it for the moment. I send my love to you all for all your love and support, your cards and food deliveries, your friendship and kind words. You help to move my journey along a little faster and for that I am grateful!

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you enjoyed the memorial and getting out in public. You are an amazing woman, sister, friend and inspiration! I call you Earth Mother, if I havent told you before. I love you seems incomplete. I am blessed to be taking this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb Walton and I were just talking about you and sending our healing vibes your way. Didja feel it?! Thanks for the helpful hints on commenting and following. I can never remember my google acct info!
    xoxoxo, Deb K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following along with you for a bit now. My older sister is a bc survivor.

    If I lived closer I would love to see your alpaca farm. My hubby is interested in starting our own little herd/farm.

    God Bless and take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb - this is a test

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb - you continue to amaze me day by day. You know the saying - it's not the destination, but the journey. You have such an amazing attitude - you take each day with courage hope and love. And with any journey, there are ups and downs - but more importantly, remembering how you got there-to the healed place.
    I wished we lived closer. BTW - Black Jack sends you hugs also. Sunday or Monday he is getting a hair cut.
    Happy Birthday to Mark!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, the positive outcome for you attending the memorial service is that more friends and acquaintances know about your cancer journey and more prayers and well wishes coming your way! What strength you will gain from all of that positive energy.

    I am so glad to read about the rash subsiding but hope the cold stays away. My personal experience is once I feel like a cold is coming on, I head to the medicine cabinet and take Emergen-C throughout the day. It seems to nip it in the bud before a cold can take hold. It must be the liquid vitamin C getting into my system quicker than vitamin C tablets.

    I send my love, hugs and prayers. I am continually in awe of you and your strength.

    Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, it seems like only yesterday that I first met you at jim and tom Larsons house at the swim party. I knew then you were a special person and now I realize just how much. I think of you daily and send positive, affirmative, healing energy your way.I want to be a part of the relay team and have tried to sign up however my old school ways are getting in the way of being successful with this new school computer! I can't get past enrolling with a pass word or user name or ? Not sure how to proceed but I will get my son to assist me next time he comes by. Until then know you have my love and support my friend!!!! xoxoxoxo Xman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie