LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Look Good; Feel Better

Today I attended Look Good; Feel Better  which is an American Cancer Society, non-medical, brand-neutral public service program that teaches beauty techniques to cancer patients to help them manage the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.

It was a wonderful program; and I highly recommend that any woman going through any type of cancer look into this positive resource available to us free of charge. I spent two hours with three other cancer patients, and two loving volunteers giving of their time. We came away from the program with a goody bag of easily over $1-$200 dollars of beauty products, loads of tips, and a booklet full ideas on makeup and how to tie scarves in some very cute and innovative ways. Meeting these 3 other cancer warriors and hearing about their journeys helped me to better appreciate my journey all the more.
Look Good…Feel Better group programs are open to all women with cancer who are undergoing chemotherapy, radiation, or other forms of treatment. In the United States alone, more than 700,000 women have participated in the program, which now offers 14,500 group workshops nationwide in more than 3,000 locations.

Thousands of volunteer beauty professionals support Look Good…Feel Better.  Other volunteer health care professionals and individuals also give their time to the program.

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, how wonderful to have programs like "Look Good; Feel Pretty" to give women with cancer support and inspiration.

    It sounds like you had a great time, met other cancer patients with courageous stories and a goody bag to boot.

    I'm so glad that you are feeling better and enjoyed getting out.

    Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    What a great program - I wonder if my cousin in Oregon (going through breast cancer treatment now, too) is aware of this? I'll have to send her the info. You're a very strong, brave woman and I'm proud of how hard you're fighting. You're so positive and determined - it's quite amazing. It was great to see you at the Classic on Saturday enjoying the gorgeous weather. You keep fighting, girlfriend, and I'll keep the good vibes and prayers rolling your way!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie