What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).

So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.

I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.


Tuesday, April 5, 2011

THREE TO GO!!!!! :-)

I am in the infusion room in the midst of chemo series 5. There are only 3 more chemo series to complete!!!!!

The difference about today is that the infusion lasts 4-4.5 hours rather than 2.5 hrs. Today's drug of choice is Taxol, which brings with it the possibility of an allergic reaction. So one of the pre-meds will be benadryl to help counteract any allergic reaction. The pre-med drip is now over, which took about an hour. Lisa, my nurse for today, started the Taxol on a very slow drip just to see how I reacted. She moved up the drip two more times before setting back up to the normal speed. I think it is time for a little nap from the Benadryl. Nighty- night!

And now it is 3pm and Lisa has started the final flush of saline before we head home.

All went very well, I did some knitting, some blogging, some reading, but MOSTLY napping.  :-) And Mark got in some reading and surfing of the web. I'm a little fuzzy headed, and hopeful that the major side effect of the Taxol, fatique, is manageable. Somehow I misunderstood the doc and thought there was less fatigue with Taxol. Oh well, it is what it is.

So when I got home, I made an appointment for an American Cancer Society Look Good, Feel Better program later this month, left a message about a free creative writing class in Sebastopol for cancer patients, and ordered a free head wrap from Good Wishes program. So all in all we both had a very productive day.

Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


1 comment:

  1. Deb, you are definitely on the downhill slid now with only 3 chemo treatments left.

    I will pray for no allergic reactions and the fatigue is minimal.

    Hugs and prayers, ~Michelle


Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.