LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

We Survived Shearing Day

Yes we did!

I was pretty nervous about this year considering everything we are dealing with right now and the number of alpacas we needed to get shorn in one day. Thankfully our shearing date fell on one of my "good" days.

Thanks to the Brookfarm Shearing Team of 11 people we were able to shear 54 alpacas, resulting in 251 lbs of fiber, with an average of 10.4 minutes per alpaca over the course of the 11 hour day. To see some adorable alpaca photos from the day, click on this link to view the BROOKFARM Alpaca blog page:

Shearing Day  

Now we are taking a couple of days to recuperate before my Friday blood draw in preparation for chemo number 7 next week.

Countdown is getting closer. :-)


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, I popped on over to the Brookfarm Alpaca blog to read your story and see all of the photos. Isn't it amazing how efficiently an energetic team works together to get a busy day of shearing 54 alpacas completely done? Hurrah! for Team Brookfarm.

    Love the photos and the alpacas are certainly glad that is over...at least for this year.

    Maybe I can plan a trip to Glen Ellen next year to watch the whole process and lend a helping hand if needed.

    Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie