LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Post Chemo # 7

Chemo went well on Tuesday. As is usual, once they gave me the pre-med Benadryl, I slipped into a good nap for an hour or more. That was after a bit of knitting and reading. When I awoke, Mark was gone. The Taxol treatment is a long one of 5 hours, so some heavy snacks or a meal are usually in order to get us through the session. Mark soon returned with a couple of sandwiches from a nearby deli, and his timing was perfect. 

We had a lovely drive home over the top of Fountaingrove Drive -- this is such a pretty season for us -- everything is so green and flowers abound everywhere. 

Our plan was to take in the first Sonoma Plaza Farmer's Market of the season tonight. So after another good nap at home, and then waking in time to make a batch of cookies for the market, we headed out. We meet up each week with a wonderful group of friends, most of whom are also home wine makers. Our friend Gene arrives early and sets up a couple of tables for the group. Everyone brings wine and an appetizer to share. Karl made this great pizza shaped like a wine bottle, and it was even labeled with the vintage! 

Karl's Pizza
The Plaza was bustling with lots of new vendors and crowds of people taking it all in. I was not able to enjoy any wine, but that was fine with me. Thanks to the steroids they load me up with on chemo day, I usually am feeling fairly well that same day so was able to enjoy the evening.

Then on Wednesday morning it was time to return to Redwood Regional Medical Center for my Neulasta shot. Sarah drove me in and we stopped off at the Santa Rosa Farmer's Market for a few more goodies, especially some enchiladas. I had picked some roses from my garden to bring into the nurses today, which they seemed to really enjoy. The rose garden is bursting with blooms and it felt good to share the beauty.



Then we returned home to visit, catch up, and have a lovely enchilada lunch with Bobbi, Sarah's mother-in-law.

Donning my new hat from Paula; making salad to go with enchiladas.

So... I am down to one more chemo treatment to go. You just cannot imagine how good it feels to finally be nearing the end of chemo. There are so many little annoyances that I try not to whine about here, but I will be so happy to have them all behind me. I know that it will take some time for things to return to normal, and know that with surgery and radiation still a head of me, that all this will take time. But just to have this one stage of my treatment behind me will be a very good feeling indeed. And I thank all my family, friends, and loved ones for all their support and well wishes.  And especially all my doctors, nurses, and support staff. It certainly takes a village, where cancer is concerned, and you have all been my village. 

HUGE HUGS!

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, you are beautiful and with the same wonderful smile that you had when you had your first appointment...your smile is surviving....and so are you!

    Isn't it nice to know that one journey will be ending soon? Also, all of the love and support from your well wishers will still be here encouraging you along the way as you continue with your next journey.

    By the way, your roses are beautiful. I won't see my roses for at least another month.

    Deb, you are doing great! Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are an inspiration my dear! The roses are Beautiful, however you and your new blue doorag outshine them all!
    xoxoxo
    Xman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie