LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
To all the beautiful, courageous mothers in my life.

You are all a true inspiration to me and to us all.

This morning I awoke to the smell of coffee and bacon. I know, not the most cancer friendly diet, but all things in moderation... right? Besides, the Maitake mushroom in the omelets should counter-act the bacon. :-)

Mark was up early cooking for me and Sarah. She has already come and gone, but not before we enjoyed a gourmet breakfast courtesy of chef Mark, and spending time in the rose garden to pick a bouquet for her to enjoy and share at work today. After all, she is a mom-to-be now.
 
Very soon now, Alura and Stephan arrive for a visit and early dinner. I am truly blessed to be able to share this day with my soul mate and two lovely daughters, who are both about to become mothers themselves and learn what this thing is all about... The joy, the tears, the love, the sweetness, the sleeplessness... all of it. And all this along with my journey of health, war, and survivorship.

Sarah & I picked roses for her work.


Alura & Stephan here for the afternoon and dinner.
Alura seemed very pleased with dessert; homemade strawberry shortcake which reminds me of my mother, who is sorely missed.

I am truly blessed and loved, and thank you for traveling this journey with me. May you have the most lovely Mother's Day.

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing more valuable than family and friends. You are truly a wealthy lady my friend! Plus a man who makes you gourmet breakfast!? whoa ! It do not get any better than that. Stay strong, sending you lots of love and light
    xoxoxo Xman

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful you and your daughters are...

    It is wonderful that you are able to spend time with both girls on Mother's Day....Mother's Day next year will be even more special.

    The roses are amazing, you must have the greenest, green thumb ever!

    Hugs, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie