LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hip, Hip, HOORAY.....

Did you see the chemo countdown? It has zeroed out. 
That is because I just finished my last chemo, chemo number 8, TODAY!

You surely can imagine what a huge relief this is. 3.5 months of chemo; 4.5 months since diagnossis, 5.5 months since finding the lump and all the wondering and waiting began.

I was chilly so Mark grabbed me the blanket behind my chair. I told him I was feeling like a "human banana" in the yellow blanket. When Dr. Anderson stopped by the check in on me since it was my last infusion, I told him the same. It wasn't until he was walking away and looked down at me and then grabbed my shoulder and gave me a squeeze.

The journey is not over yet, and surgery decisions are looming and confusing. But once I get my head around how I want surgery to go, that is once we see what they really find in there, I believe the hardest part is behind me.

I am clicking my heals with joy.

And sister, Tina, came by tonight for a huge hug, visit and stayed for dinner.
Life is Good. LiveStrong. :-)



Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew.

LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, wow...what a beautiful smile of joy. You are amazing! Congratulations is in order on completing part one of your journey.

    I will pray that the MRI results will be what you need for the best surgery options. You certainly are a cancer warrior...and survivor!

    Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,
    Lance and all the rest of us 'cancer survivors' think you look quite attractvie in that YELLOW blankie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie