LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Up and At 'Em With the Birds

Yep; I'm back to the sleepless routine, even with taking a sleep aid. But it shouldn't last but a day or so if I follow the last few chemotherapy series. Been awake since 3am thinking I could fall back to sleep and then finally got up. Hopefully a good nap is in store for me today. Those darn steroids!  GRRRRR!!

Yesterday afternoon the bone aches started back up as I fully expected. They are intense enough to require Hydrocodone (Vicodin) for about 4 days or so and are concentrated in my hips, legs, joints, shoulders -- just about everywhere. I'm usually a bit slow to jump on the meds and feeling pretty miserable by the time I realize that Tylenol isn't enough to do the trick.

I can still get a few things accomplished, but concentration is limited and driving is out of the question. So I muddle through the day with a bit of easy and mindless household chores, some knitting, a game or two of Solitaire, maybe a bit of Botany of Desire, which is the audio book I'm currently enjoying. But not much more. Anything physical exhausts me. A simple walk to the mail box requires a stop or two to catch my breath.

There is so much to do in the yard and with the alpacas. I feel so behind in it all. But healing is at the top of the list right now so I must continue to remind myself that the weeds can wait, the vegetable garden may or may not get planted, skirting fiber will get done when it gets done, etc., etc. And yesterday was a hot one here in the 80's. So even the thought of sitting on the rock wall and slowly pulling weeds, was not one I was up to. Especially since the ground is already getting hard.

Step by step, inch by inch, closer and closer.... All in good time!


Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND survivor 
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew


LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there girlfriend, the light at the end of the tunnel for the chemo treatments is shining brightly.

    Oh, how I wish I lived closer to stop by and help out. I love to work out in the yard and gardens. I am still patiently waiting for the weather to get better and the ground to move pass the mud season stage. But your priority is getting better and right now you need your rest. Chores, whether inside or outside are always waiting for us...and in due time what needs to get done will get done somehow. And if it doesn't get done this week, month or year, C'est la vie!

    I hope you sleep better tonight and your bone aches are lessen when taking Hydrocodone. Drink plenty of liquids, rest when you can and remember whining is very theraputic.

    Prayers and hugs to you and a special wish for a very wonderful Mother's Day. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. As it was Michelle, we got out late in the day and Mark helped pull a few weeds, and trim some ivy down off the oak trees. Someone planted ivy as a ground cover around here years ago and I fear we will never get rid of it all. Then a nice hot bath did the trick. :-)

    I slept good the next night, but am up and at it again at 3am. The good news is that I know this will only last a few days, which is so much better than the first few chemos when the insomnia drug on for days.

    Wishing you a wonderful Mother's Day too!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mothers day Debbie! and next year it will also be happy grandma's day, or is that happy grandparent's day?Whatever! anyway Happy Happy and more Happy days ahead!
    xoxoxo
    Xman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie