LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Bummer!!!!

So, Dr. Popovitch called late yesterday afternoon to check in on me. He is the Radiologist who performed the biopsy the day before. The formal written report is not yet complete, but he also had the news that the area they biopsied is cancer. BUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG TIME. :-(

So, I'm not sure if that means a mastectomy is in order, as I need to hear from my surgeon, Dr. elboim, to see what he thinks. Dr. Elboim had hoped it was not cancer, since this is the area furthest away from the other areas already biopsied when I was first diagnosed. This area is deeper and was not visible via the ultrasound, but was via MRI. That is why they chose an MRI for this biopsy.

The scary part is that the word cancer seems to be getting easier to say!

I may not hear back from Dr. Elboim until Monday. Again... Another weekend of confusion. And just when I thought I had this all figured out.

Thanks, everyone, for keeping me in your thoughts. I do not know how I would get through all this without you all!

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew.
LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, I agree...bummer, bummer, bummer! Let it all out...shout it from the rooftops, say it to anyone who will listen...it won't change things but you will be expressing exactly how you feel.

    Now, what is on the agenda for the weekend...what plans do you have to keep you and your mind busy? (I know...keeping the mind from thinking about your conversation with the Doc will be challenging.) I just checked the weather and it looks perfect. Tomorrow is World Wide Knit in Public Day...so how about knitting in your beautiful yard among your beautiful flowers. I am sure you are trying to get some projects completed for those new grandbabies.

    Debbie, maybe trying to figure things out isn't all it is cracked up to be...everything will fall into place and your doctors will give you the best advice for your personal situation once they have reviewed the results of your latest tests.

    I am not in your shoes and honestly, I can't fathom what you are going through but I am here for you in thoughts and prayers. I hope you can stay busy this weekend and you will be surround by the love of your hubby and family.

    Hugs and prayers, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are loved by many and respected by all. Sounds like it s a good time to share a bottle of your excellent red wine with your hubby.
    XOXOXO
    Xman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie