LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hopeful...

Yesterday I made a special delivery from my surgeon to the consulting plastic surgeon. I picked up a CD and printed reports from my last few breast MRIs and the resulting biopsy. 

I had received a call from surgeon Dr. Elboim on Sunday, and discussing the fact that he still felt a lumpectomy may be possible, but that he wanted to consult with the plastic surgeon first. I then received a call from the office on Monday about the files going to Dr. Sommerhaug, the plastic surgeon. At that point, to expedite the process, I offered to make the delivery from Santa Rosa to Petaluma myself. Besides, it gave me the opportumity to deliver some farm fresh eggs to brother Matthew and shop for those sports bras I have been advised to have on hand for post-surgery. Not to mention it was a 90 degree day here and Kohls was nice and cool inside.

I've had a couple of episodes the last few days of light headedness and slight nausea. I think I have just been overdoing a bit, pushing myself back to "normal" activity levels. This combined with the quick summer heat that has arrived, and I think I have just been going too fast. So another episode of this while shopping brought me to my senses and cut my excusion short on Tuesday. Besides, I needed to return home to rest up and prepare a dish for our weekly farmer's market gathering of friends that evening. And it was a gorgeous Summer night on the Sonoma Plaza for that. So good to see a large crowd of friends and many more out to enjoy the first of the monthly Jazz events in the ampitheatre during the farmers market.

So the outcome of this post is to say that I am still hopeful that a lumpectomy can be performed, and am waiting for "that call" from the doctor; which will hopefully be to schedule surgery. I do need to ask about my concern of the cancer that is located near the chest wall, as that does wear on my mind right now.

But otherwise; I am hopeful! Be hopeful for me too!! :-)

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew.
LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, your "Angel of Hope" is right there, next to you, surrounding you with positive, hopeful energy.

    It is pretty amazing how our bodies tell us when we are overdoing it. The next thing is for us to listen to what our bodies are trying to tell us.

    I'm sending my hugs, prayers and especially HOPE for matters that weigh heavy on you heart and mind be lifted away.

    Always hopeful, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie