LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Smurfette & Peach Fuzz

One of the effects of the dye used in the lymph node dissection procedure during my lumpectomy surgery is discoloration. Before leaving the hospital, I used the restroom to pee. I had been warned about the effect of the blue dye, but being so groggy after surgery I had not remembered what it did to my urine. Because I was still so unsteady, the nurse came into the bathroom with me. She brought my attention to the toilet before she flushed for me, and it was very dark blue - shockingly so. The color slowly returned to normal over the next 36 hours as I drank lots of fluid and urinated.

I left the hospital looking near death, which is the "ashen" skin color they warned me about because of this dye. My face was very grey and sickly looking, and Mark said I looked pretty bad. This slowly got better over the next 48 hours. And now I am back to normal color.

And I'm thrilled to report that I have a nice little coating of peach fuzz all over my scalp too. I guess things are slowly returning to some semblance of normal and for this I am overjoyed.  :-)

So today we see the surgeon for post-op. The drain and bandages will be removed. As you can imagine, I'm a bit apprehensive to see the results of the surgery. 

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew.
LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. We are thrilled for you and have been moved to tears many time by your writing. You are an inspiration to others. Start that book and get ready for those awesome grandchildren. You are a winner in life.
    Susan and Doug L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regardless of the results of the surgery your beauty will shine through my friend. Even a dense London fog could not diminish your light. I look forward to the book mentioned above and I know it will inspire and comfort as your blog has done since day one.
    xoxoxo
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie