LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Surgery Scheduled

I now have surgery scheduled for late next week; a lumpectomy. I'm so glad to finally have it on the calendar and be headed in that direction. My sister Donna, is flying out from Montana earlier in the week to spend some time with me, and it will be so nice to have her here. All four sisters hope to get together for a girls night out before surgery and be silly. I'm so looking forward to it.

Thankfully, my surgeon feels optimistic he can do the job with a lumpectomy, which is an in and out procedure with no overnight stay. As with any surgery, who really knows until they get in there and see what they find. And until the tests come back three days later to see if he got all the cancer and there are clear margins, and results from the sentinel lymph node dissection, it is all a crap shoot. For now I am very hopeful and feeling good so far.

One more week to go!!!

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!
Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew.
LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

3 comments:

  1. Hip, Hip, Hooray for sisters and silly time together. You are very fortunate and blessed to have a wonderful family and extended family to be there, supporting you, being your cheerleaders.

    Debbie, you will continue to be in my prayers and let's hope the crap shoot is in your favor.

    Just a quick question....since I am sure you will not be up to blogging right after your surgery but will someone else be able to at least post a "Debbie is doing great, she is at home resting, surgery went well, as anticipated" message?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend,
    I am happy to report to you that the relay for life team Sonoma will be in
    full attendance for the Locomojo event on the 25th of June! I understand that you will be recovering from your surgery that week and we possibly may not see you at the event. The Sonoma Index Tribune ran an article regards the event on friday the 17th of June. I think there will be a follow up article next week and the event is also posted on their web site Sonoma news .com. You are in my thoughts daily and I am sending you all the positive energy possible! Give Mark big hug and kiss for me!
    xoxoxo
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. X-Man, aka Tom Xavier is participating in the LocoMojo Festival this Saturday in the Sonoma Plaza.

    http://www.sonomanews.com/News-2011/LocoMojo-Festival-returns-to-Sonoma/

    The event is from noon to 8pm and Tom is featured at noon. He will be collecting donations for our Relay For Life Team there and also donating proceeds from sales of his CDs too!

    Come check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie