LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

It's Not All About Doctors, Hospitals & Infusion Centers

So.... who says having cancer is all about doctors, infusion centers, hospitals, fatigue, nausea, surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, baldness, and on and on?

You know, there comes a time when there is some fun to be had. And I'm about at that stage... the stage between surgery and radiation. The stage where we had a 38th wedding anniversary, Donna visited for a week, I had a 58th lifeday, celebrated our country's independence and started to prepare for our first grandchild by hosting a baby shower for Alura this weekend. I say it's about time! don't you?


Donna visited for a week over my surgery. We got to have a bit of fun before surgery and here we are touring Luther Burbank Gardens in Santa Rosa.


.

Basooka and I heading our for my post-operative check up June 29th

Mark and I take the Ferry into SF to celebrate my Lifeday of July 1st.


Fun Independence Day taking in Sonoma's parade in the am; then out that night for a brief stop at the Wyngard's party and then on to Sarah and Chris' to watch the fireworks.

Alura's Baby Shower July 9th


The boys return near the end of the shower.


Hugs, Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; soon to be survivor LIVESTRONG: I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful....you are beautiful!

    Isn't family wonderful?

    Hugs, ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie