LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, August 1, 2011

1st Radiation Complete & Facebook Love.

I did it!  I survived! Survived my first radiation treatment that is. And it wasn't bad at all -- I really didn't feel a thing, but nervousness. My Radiation Oncologist says she doesn't expect much redness for a few weeks, so that is good news. 

Oh it was much easier than chemotherapy for sure. But instead of reciting The Owl and the Pussycat poem, which I didn't quite get memorized before the treatment, I used Simple Gifts, thanks to Bev Prevost. Bev used this same verse when she went through radiation and suggested it to me recently when Sarah and I stopped by to see Stacia Brady at her study. Bev's study is in the same building. "Simple Gifts" is a Shaker song written and composed in 1848 by Elder Joseph Brackett. It goes like this:
'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.
It helped me to relax and concentrate on something other than the noise of the radiation equipment.

.
See all the Facebook love about my cubby

Essential Radiation Supplies: Aloe Vera, Aquaphor, knitting project.

I just have to say, isn't Facebook darn amazing? Just to read all the love and support from people I know and see frequently, to people I haven't seen in years, and those I've never even met... Family, good friends, old friends, Facebook friends... just a loving supportive family. All in response to my cubby post from the radiation changing room this morning as I was about to have my first treatment.
And I love my cubby! :-) Love you all too!!

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!
ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT...
     Sonoma Relay for Life Team (8/6/11) ~  Debbie's Blasting Crew.

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! Bravo! and again Bravo!

    Adaptability, the reason we survive the challenges of life.

    xoxoxo
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie