LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Monday, August 8, 2011

2nd Week of Rads

My second week of radiation started today. So far all is going well and I'm not having any skin problems. My Radiation Oncologist is on vacation this week and my regular weekly check up is scheduled for tomorrow. So I will see Dr. David tomorrow, instead of Dr. Scharfen. 

I am having some fatigue, but that may well be related to the Relay for Life event and team I lead this past weekend (see previous post). I'm still dragging from the Relay so perhaps a nap is in order this afternoon.

Did I tell you I yarn bombed my cubby. It just needed a little pizzazz in my mind. What is yarn-bombing you may ask? 
Yarn bombing, yarnbombing, yarnstorming, guerrilla knitting, or graffiti knitting is a type of graffiti or street art that employs colorful displays of knitted or crocheted cloth rather than paint or chalk. While yarn installations – called yarn bombs or yarnstorms – may last for years, they are considered non-permanent, and, unlike graffiti, can be easily removed if necessary. Nonetheless, the practice is still technically illegal, though it is not often prosecuted vigorously. While other forms of graffiti may be expressive, decorative, territorial, socio-political commentary, advertising or vandalism, yarn bombing was initially almost exclusively about reclaiming and personalizing sterile or cold public places.
 


Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND Survivor 

LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. I say Yarn Bomb Wash D.C. That's a very sterile and cold place these days!
    Tabitha still won't let go of her Basooka Bear!
    xoxoxo
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie