LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Holy Shit, NOT Femara!!!!!!!!

I was just perusing these two sights and am now scared to death to take the drug Femara. I already have the prescription written up from my Oncologist. It is in place of tamoxiphen and is something I will take for 5 years since my cancer ended up being estrogen receptive.

So yet another crappy part of cancer (like cancer is a good thing... Duh). But I will do my research and keep plugging along, putting one foot in front of the other, one day after another... Just keep on keeping on. :-)

If you dare to see what has me concerned, see these two links below:

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20726&name=FEMARA

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/78/topic/693120

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior; AND Survivor 

LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

5 comments:

  1. Debbie... You are amazing and although I havent posted on your FB page, I've been a silent stalker and want you to know you've been and continue to be an inspiration to me!
    Shauna Shipley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Shit is right! Even though neither links you posted would work!? coincidence ?! I did view both sites and question the risk verses the results. This is a subject I care to discuss with you, although the blog format does not serve either one of us in this matter.Possibly we can arrange a time to share thoughts and ideas at the reunion weekend if you would like. My experience with regards to the medical field says be your own best advocate. Trust nothing or nobody except your own intuition. Challenge,research, and study all ideas being suggested. Especially those procedures and methods of dealing with your situation that are being espoused as the only available option according to the medical professional suggesting them. In the end, we are all humans subject to our experiences and influences based on personal beliefs and needs. Please know that I love you and am here for you always! Give the big galoot a kiss and hug for me!
    xoxoxo
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    I'll echo your response...and double it! HolyShitHolyShit!

    Then, I'll triple-echo the response of Anonymous. A's counsel is wise and true for so many of us under the care of medical professionals.

    Might you consider investigating, at least, what natural medicine or eastern medicine might offer you??? Sounds extraordinarily strange, if not stupid for me to ask this, (& if you find it is insulting, I ask your forgiveness straightaway) but I've witnessed a few major changes in patients, (friends of mine) who investigated, then used, treatments other than those of traditional medicine.

    Bastyr University is a highly-respected, training ground and research facility with global outreach for naturopathic medicine...and it's right here in Kenmore, WA...just a stone's throw from where I live. Keep in mind that if after you investigate, you'd like to consult with someone there, I'm here to help you in any way I can.

    Prayers comin' atcha!
    Cyndie Ulrich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Debbie - I went to both links and can see why you are concerned. Hormone therapy is definitely a confusing part of our protocol. I have heard so many stories about all these drugs. Some people tolerate them well, others do not. Trust your instincts.

    Good luck!
    Jen
    http://junojen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur with the others that have posted here....trust your intuition. It knows....

    xo, Tina Pruitt
    www.tinapruitt.com
    www.tinainthepink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie