LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

2011 Relay For Life of Sonoma Totals!

Hip, Hip, Horray!

Relay for Life was a huge success this year
AND
Debbie's Blasting Crew was one of the top teams!!

Thank you, team, for all of your fundraising efforts—you helped to make this year an incredible success!

Now, what you have all been waiting for… the top teams and totals!

  • Relay Sonoma had 58 Teams and honored 211 Survivors!
  • And here’s the big one…  the 2011 Relay For Life Sonoma Raised… $153,549.37!
  • Together, we raised $143,530.92 in profits for The American Cancer Society!

Top 10 Teams:
Native Sons of the Golden West Parlor #111- $11,690.00
Willie’s Warriors- $9,554.00
Sonoma Valley Hospital Vital Signs- $9,837.00
Team Red Grape- $8,526.00
Team Michael Miller- $8,010.00
The Kidney Kids- $7,473.00
Sonoma Valley Mother’s Club- $7,019
Debbie’s Blasting Crew- $5,969.00  (WAY TO GO TEAM ~ Not bad for a first-time team)
Felice’s Friends Win- $5,871.00
Pay It Forward- $5,114.51

Top 10 Individuals:
Kathy Miller- $8,010.00
Bill Montini- $3,825.00
Rick Maffioli- $3,760.00
Felice Torri- $3,647.00
Pat Poncia- $3,582.00
Lori Bremner- $3,500.00
Jill Whitham- $3,387.76
Kathleen Amormino-Herrera- $3,333.00
Megan Moll- $2,510
Debbie Emery- $2,309.00 (This included $200+ from XMan's gig in the plaza!)

Great Job, Debbie's Blasting Crew team members. I'm looking forward to 2012.

And if anyone is interested in helping in a bigger way for 2012, note that this event would not be possible without the work of our amazing committee members. Next year there are several committee openings, and it could be YOU that helps to fill those spaces for next year! The following positions are open, and Relay Sonoma is always looking for sub-committee members for all positions:

  • Event chair
  • Logistics Chair
  • Registration chair
  • Kid Zone Chair
  • Team Recruitment Chair
  • Fight Back Chair
  • Survivorship Chair
  • Sponsorship Recruitment
  • Marketing Chair
  • Volunteer Coordinator
  • Offline Verifier
Please contact Sarah Van Guilder at 707.373.9922 or Sarah.VanGuilder@cancer.org  if you are interested!


Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Debra,
    Next year under your cancer free leadership ,we will be the talk of the walk, the big dog in the race, the team to be chased!
    xoxoxo,
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie