LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Friday, October 14, 2011

31 Days: Oasis of Healing

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. And I'm posting on each of the 31 days as my way of doing something to bring awareness. Today is Day 14 and I am featuring the Think Pink special section on breast cancer awareness featured recently in the Santa Rosa Press Democrat. This next article talks about...

Integrative Program Offers an Oasis of Healing

Support center providing restorative therapies poised to expand at new site
By JANET PARMER
FOR THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

As a wife, mother, and attorney, Tiffanie De Liberty of Santa Rosa had a full life. But she was forced to carve out time for intensive treatment when she was diagnosed with breast cancer two years ago. The Integrative Health and Healing Services program in Santa Rosa is a cherished oasis for De Liberty during recovery, and the program is poised to significantly expand later this month when it moves from donated space at the Integrative Medical Clinic on Concourse Boulevard to the second floor of the former

The cancer support program, sponsored by Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, offers women massage, acupuncture, nutritional counseling, jin shin jyutsu (an acupressure treatment), and an expressive arts program known as Crossroads. IHHS is open to any woman regardless of her ability to pay. The program accepts donations from those who can afford it, and is free for those who meet its low-income criteria. Volunteer practitioners come on Saturdays to give individual treatments, and on a typical day 25 to 30 women participate in sessions. The new facility will allow IHHS to gradually add to its services; program coordinator Pam Koppel said the program will eventually be open several days a week.

Please click on the link above to read the complete article and learn more about this wonderful program.

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Its nice that they offer something so nice and it not be medical care...But for your body and soul.
    Wish I lived near there
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie