LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

31 Days: Reese Witherspoon on Breast Cancer Awareness

Today is day 20 in my 31 days of Breast Cancer Awareness for the month of October.


"Every three minutes a woman is diagnosed, and that's just unacceptable." 

This is how Reese Witherspoon speaks about breast cancer, a disease that more than 200,000 women in the U.S. were diagnosed with in 2007 alone. On Oct. 16, Witherspoon joined more than 3,000 men and women at the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in New York City, raising more than $8.4 million for breast cancer research and care -- just one of many events held throughout October, also known as Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Learn more about breast cancer and the stories of eight other brave and courageous women here ~ Reese Witherspoon speaks out about breast cancer

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie

    Welcome to my blog. I haven't read through your entire blog, just your diagnosis stuff so far..ahh..triple negative. A very good blog that has all the research in one place is "positives about negatives'.
    Love your smile. So you are a grandma to be? Did that happen yet?

    Where in CA are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue,
    I'm in Glen Ellen, CA. And one grandson arrived 2 months ago. Nicolas is a very handsome young man and I love spending time with him. The second grandson has a due date of October 25th. So I am doubly blessed and had all this wonderfulness to look forward during the down days of chemo, surgery, and rads. Thank goodness they are all behind me. And I just picked up my Femara prescription today, so we'll see how that goes soon.
    Thanks for checking in!
    Best to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie