LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Friday, October 21, 2011

31 Days ~ Cal Fire Wears Pink

This is Day 21 of my 31 days of breast cancer awareness. It is also my sister, Donna's, birthday. Happy Birthday, sis! Thanks for all the support you have given me over the last 11 months. I love you!!! 

 

There is something about a man in uniform; and a firefighter tops the cake, in my mind. Of course that may be because I've been married to one for 38 years now. Buyt a man in uniform and in pink... Now that says volumes!

 

CAL FIRE Cares Enough to Wear Pink

 

Firefighters wear pink shirts to show support for cancer research


Sacramento - Californians across the state may notice something a little different when they see CAL FIRE firefighters this week. That’s because firefighters, dispatchers and other employees of the state’s fire department will be showing their support for the battle against breast cancer by wearing pink T-shirts on duty. Like fire departments across the country, CAL FIRE is participating in the 2010 national “Cares Enough to Wear Pink" campaign taking place October 25 - 27, 2010.

Over 900 Fire departments and emergency response agencies across the United States are participating in the “Cares Enough to Wear Pink" campaign, which raises money and attention to cancer. The campaign is part of October’s National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, when wearing pink signifies support for breast cancer research. 

“There is a proven correlation between cancer and our chosen profession, but cancer, in its many forms, also affects millions of people worldwide and I hope we can help raise funds to find a cure and send a strong message of hope to those suffering from this disease,” said Chief Del Walters, director of CAL FIRE. “CAL FIRE is one of the largest fire departments in the nation and I believe the over 8,000 men and women of our department have an opportunity to make a significant contribution to this worthwhile effort by voluntarily joining me in "caring enough to wear pink" during this campaign,” said Walters.

100 percent of the proceeds from the T-shirt sales generated by CAL FIRE’s employee's voluntary participation are being donated to cancer related non-profit organizations.






For more information contact Department Information Officer Daniel Berlant, 916-651-FIRE (3473)

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Great that they all did this for breast cancer. It's nice that so many people are aware.

    Ohhhh and I just had to tell you. Your grandson is just PRECIOUS !!!!!
    I have a Nicholas too. He is my youngest grandson. He just turned 10 ! Love the name :)
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie