LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days: Four Awesome Survivors

31 Days of Breast Cancer Awareness... Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month?

Sonoma holds a farmer's market at the town plaza, right square dab in the heart of our little down town, every Tuesday evening from Spring through Fall. Mark and I meet up there most weeks with a group of great friends, the majority of which have been home winemaking with us for years, under the tutelage of master home winemaker Gino Sperring. We each arrive with a bottle of wine and tasty nibble to share with our group, and talk, laugh, eat, drink, shop for the top produce and other food products of the area, and just relax and enjoy good friends. And I was able to meet up most weeks this year, even through chemotherapy and such.

Sad as it may seem, there are now four of us from this group who belong to the club of cancer survivorship, and we all celebrated some milestones at a recent gathering. In 2011, Jo celebrates 10 years as a cancer survivor, Steve celebrates one year; and this very night Mike celebrates 5 years and I am celebrating the end to radiation and most major treatment for this year.... and anxiously await January when I will celebrate one year as a survivor.

What better way to celebrate than with a group of such wonderful friends. A toast to the four of us and many more years of farmer market gathering at the Sonoma Plaza!

Here's to all the cancer survivors out there, especially to the breast cancer survivors on this October 1st, Breast Cancer Awareness Day and Month.

We are all ... SURVIVORs!!!
LIVESTRONG
WE ARE STRONG. WE ARE LOVED. WE ARE HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

L-R: Mike, Jo, Steve, Debbie

Hugs,

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie