LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

I am Thankful

I am here having finished all the major treatment and a couple of weeks into Letrozole, yet I find it hard to make the changes in my life which I think may improve my cancer risks going forward. It is easy for me to blame others, but it really all falls back on me. I saw my oncologist last week, and he has made a referral for me to see Dr. Amy Shaw, who is new in the RRMG practice and is putting together a survivorship program. My hope is that the program will help me to make little changes in my diet and activity level to ward off this evil C from ever taking over again.

They say we are allowed to play the "cancer card" whenever we need it. And I'm finding that now that I am through with treatment, people "see" me as looking and feeling well, like everything is back to normal and full speed ahead. Sleeping till 9 to 10 am each morning tells me things are not back to normal. And preparing for my first mammogram in a couple of weeks also puts the fear back in me. Not to mention a dear friend, who has been breast cancer free for ten years,  may now have a recurrence.  That really puts the fear in me. Are we ever normal again? Maybe not. But we are stronger. AND we are here. I guess there is not much more we can ask for.

As another breast cancer warrior's oncologist reminded her, "She HAD cancer". There was no evidence of any more cancer in her body, like me. So.... I HAD cancer. And for that, I must be thankful.

Hugs,

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
I AM STRONG. I AM LOVED. I AM HEALTHY. WE WILL WIN!

2 comments:

  1. hang in there Deb......you are strong and we all are here to support you in every way that we can
    love,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    You deserve to play whatever card you like! While the "C" may be gone the impact it has had on your life is permanent. The many lessons it has taught you will never diminish. You are a brave and truthful woman who has many gifts to share with the world. I invite you to not let the insecurities and doubts of a fear based world affect you and the wisdom you have to offer others that now face similar challenges. Besides, normal is way over rated!!!! Being crazy means never having to explain yourself!
    <3 U
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie