- The most loving, caring, supportive, and patient husband in the world. I love you, Mark Emery!
- Two of the most kind, wonderful, supportive, giving daughters in the world. I love you Alura and Sarah!
- Two of the most understanding, kind, and loving son-in-laws. I love you Stephan and Chris!
- The best siblings a sister could ever ask for; ones who are there for you, keep in touch, coordinate meals, travel across the country to be with you; and who still have very busy demanding lives, jobs, and families of their own, and some with their own health issues to contend with. I love you Donna, Dan, Nancy, Christine, Eddie, and Matthew!
- The best ever friends, neighbors, friends of friends; those who I have always been close to, some who have come back into my life after being away for a spell, some nearby, some not so nearby; all very loving, caring, supportive... You know who you are and how instrumental you have been in my healing, and support to me and Mark during this journey ~ I love you ALL!
- The "A Team" of excellent and caring Doctors, Oncologists, Radiation Oncologists, Surgeons, Nurses, Technicians, Support Staff ~ As Dr. Amy Shaw reminded me, "I do have the "A Team". Thank you all for your tender loving care throughout this year and into the future.
- Other supportive cancer patients and their family members I have met along the way; from dear friends who have gone down this road before me with breast cancer who shared wigs, scarves, books, tricks and tips; to those I met while undergoing chemo infusion, or in the radiation waiting room (Paul and Kathy, to name a few); I admire each and every one of you for your strength and hope, and wish you speedy recovery and continued good health, as well as the love and support of your family and friends.
- To a God I know is there for me, watching over me and my loved ones, ALWAYS!
Sarah & Gaige, 3.5 weeks
Alura & Nico, 3 months
Today, on this Thanksgiving 2011, as tears roll down my cheeks, I/we have much to be thankful for, and we say it with a very happy heart. And I wish for you, all my loved ones, family, friends, clinicians, fellow friends who are or have dealt with cancer; that you enjoy this day giving thanks and enjoying the love of your family, friends, and those close to you.