LIVESTRONG:

What started as IDC (Infiltrating Ductal Carcinoma) in 2011, then turned into CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) in 2013, probably partially caused by chemotherapy along with a genetic pre-disposition. Here we are now in March 2016 and I am newly diagnosed with Stage IV breast cancer in the left breast and liver (LMBC - liver metastasized breast cancer).


So the focus has shifted yet again, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide helpful information and strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. I WILL SURVIVE!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well. And if you are now cancer free of breast cancer, do everything you can to insist that your doctors follow up with an occasional PET Scan and labs for tumor markers.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

*****************************************************************************************

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Had Fun at RFL Survivor Dinner

I had fun this year at the Relay for Life Survivor Dinner tonight at Hanna Boys Center.

Mostly because I was at a table with people I knew, cousin Denise Emery, her daughter, Jenise Kneeland, and Denise's caregiver/sister-in-law Sheila Secchitano. And the venue was the new Hanna Boys Center gym/performing arts center. It was very nice. And the balcony the room opens up onto is beautiful.

R-L:  Jenise, Denise, Debbie, Sheila
We started off the night checking in and receiving a bag of goodies, including our survivor T-shirt. I'll wear mine during the Relay survivor lap on Sunday morning at 10am. Come on out and root me on if you can. I probably hang around for a few more laps too, and then return in the evening to see all the lit luminarias -- so beautiful each year.

Tonight's program consisted of an inspirational introduction from Felice Torri who has been a survivor for many many years. Dinner followed, which was "okay", but then who can complain about a totally donated meal for obout 200+ people. They served water and ice tea, which was a nice change from the wine served last year. Considering how careful I am now with all the studies showing wine to possibly be a strong contributing factor to not only breast cancer, but the recurrence of breast cancer, I and Kathleen Hill both appreciated this change.

Bruce Griewe's group sang their hearts out beautifully after dinner with several lovely songs. Shannon Howlett's voice is so beautiful, as was the entire ensemble. All the while, a darling little 2.5 year old girl, a cancer survivor herself, was stealing the show sitting on her mother's shoulders and having a ball.

Then Denise and Sheila decided to snoop around and tour some of the facility. The green room was way cool. And Hanna has a wonderful history center that is pretty amazing. You are all invited to drop in and check out the history center, which depicts thousands of photos from when Hanna opened in 1945.

And then home it was.

Glad I went -- will do it again. And maybe next time I will bring one of my caregivers.




LIFE IS GOOD

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!


LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie