LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Relay for Life Sonoma

Today is Relay for Life, Sonoma. I did not head up a team this year, or even sign up for one, but I am still participating. You see, with Mark away today, and a farm to take care of, there was just no way I could do it all. I mean, sometimes I think I am super woman.... but when it gets right down to it, I'm as human as the next 59 year old gal who went through chemo and radiation less than a year ago.

Yep, only a short while ago. Thankfully... it feels much longer than that!
My previous post was about the Survivor Dinner that the Relay puts on for all cancer survivors in our community. And I had a very nice time this year.

But for the actual Relay, I went down this morning for the opening ceremonies. And as par for the course, it was very touching. It always brings tears to my eyes to look around and see all the survivor shirts, which are different than the regular Relay shirts. It just puts a huge meaning on this battle we are all fighting. To walk the survivor lap with Denise, and then to have Sarah and Gaige with me this year to walk the caregiver lap and a few more -- it was very special. And my dear friend, Pat Smith, came down to walk with us too.

I love the Doves of Flight, and the sky this morning was unbelievable. I captured a couple pictures of them in flight as Shannon Howlett was singing the most beautiful rendition of Over the Rainbow.


Pat and I returned for a couple of hours, to admire the beautiful luminaries as they lit the path while we took a few more laps in honor of all the survivors, and those who lost the battle, like her dear sweet husband, Win.




If you are so inclined, you can still make donations here: Relay for Life, Sonoma. You can go on to the local website and make a contribution to any team or participant you choose. RFL and American Cancer Society is one of those few organizations who really put the money into research and supporting the cancer patient.



LIFE IS GOOD

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!


LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •

1 comment:

  1. You and your report are putting GREAT BIG SMILES on my face this morning. I'm so grateful for your incredible courage, Debbie, and for the outcome of your battle. Thank you for the news on the race. Blessings, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie