LIVESTRONG:

And in June 2013 we are back in the revolving door of doctors, this time for my heart. So the focus has shifted, BUT... I continue to THANK YOU for your prayers, love & support. I receive them with open & loving arms. My wish is that I will gain strength from you, will provide strength to others & will help to strip away the fears we each experience.


LIVESTRONG: I am strong. I am loved. I am healthy. WE WILL WIN!

Have you or your loved one had their annual mammogram? PLEASE, don't put it off. Speaking from experience, I highly recommend monthly self exam as well.

WARNING:
Contents may be uplifting, sad, funny, scary, downright depressing ~ THAT IS CANCER .... at it's best, at its worst.

PLEASE ~ Feel free to share this blog with anyone who is interested to learn about my journey. While I welcome their support, I hope that by sharing this experience freely to the universe I may help to support others by breaking down some of the barriers and fear associated with breast cancer and the treatment.

Friday, August 24, 2012

Step by Step, Day by Day...

So... it's been over a year since my last chemo (5/17/11), and since my partial mastectomy (really a lumpectomy in my mind, which was 6/24/11). And a year ago today I was over half way through the 33 radiation treatments. So glad that it seems much longer ago now.

But I keep having these situations where a whole new batch of hair follicles seem to come alive and start working. This happened about 6 weeks ago, where I began to feel relieved that the thinning hair and exposed scalp may not be what I had to settle for after chemotherapy. But now again there is another little 1/4 inch bang appearing around my forehead. And this feels really, really good. 

Gotta look for those little bright moments, for sure. That is how we stay strong, put one foot in front of the other, step by step, day by day.

And on and on goes the roller coaster of life!


LIFE IS GOOD

Debbie... aka the cancer warrior ... AND SURVIVOR!!!

LIVESTRONG
• I AM STRONG • I AM HEALTHY • I AM LOVED •





2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Mary and I am a breast cancer survivor and also a ‘Pirate’ with the “Pirates of the Cure-a-Being” in Denver, CO and I started the Breast Cancer Community at vorts.com.
    We would love for you to share your wonderful blog with our members, they will appreciate it!
    It's easy to do, just cut and paste the link and it automatically links back to your website… it’s a win win. You can also add Photos, Videos and Articles if you like. It’s free and easy.
    Email me if you need any help or would like me to do it for you.
    The Breast Cancer Community: http://www.vorts.com/breast_cancer/
    Thanks,
    Mary, Editor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary,
    I'm really not into joining another online cancer group. But by approving your comment post here, people can now navigate to your site. Feel free to paste and cut the HTML for my blog over there is you wish.
    Meanwhile, my best wishes for your cause and efforts.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment. Your comment will be reviewed and approved the next time I visit.
Debbie